Energetic Women Leadership Team
The Energetic Women Leadership Team consists of volunteer leaders and an MEA Staff Liaison. The strength of Energetic Women depends upon motivated volunteer leaders. The Energetic Women Leadership Team consist of 12 (minimum) to 14 (maximum). Non MEA Members cannot make up more than 50% of the Leadership Team. The Energetic Women Leadership Team will closely monitor the composition of the Team to ensure fair representation. This includes but is not limited to diversity of Leadership Team Members based on the companies they represent and changes to MEA membership.
If you have questions, contact Stacey Bonine at (651) 289-9600 x114.
The Leadership Team members are expected to meet monthly via conference call and all Team Members are expected to attend the in-person planning meeting (typically August / September of the year prior to the conference) as well as the conference (typically June). If you are unable to attend a meeting, email MEA Staff Liaison and Chair with the reason prior to the meeting.
- Leadership Team members are expected to help with challenges unique to women and develop solutions to fully utilize women in the utility industry. This requires members to be innovative thinkers, offer suggestions, and implement solutions to improve the workplace for women.
- Leadership Team members must have the following skills:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Good team player
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Understanding of gender issues and committed to the removal of barriers to the advancement of women in the organization
- Leadership Team members are expected to have no more than two absences a year. Acceptable absences include vacation, illness, plant outage, storm duty and leave of absence, etc.
- If you are unable to attend a meeting, email MEA Staff Liaison and Chair with the reason prior to the meeting. Advance notice is appreciated.
- Leadership Team members are expected to actively contribute to Energetic Women initiatives.
- Leadership Team members are expected to spend the time necessary on Energetic Women activities. This includes meeting attendance and other activities.
- Leadership Team members are expected to attend, support and contribute to all Energetic Women events.
- Leadership Team members will have representing company’s support. This should include recruiting company attendance at the Energetic Women Annual Conference and / or a
- minimum of Energetic Women Dynamic level sponsorship at the Annual Conference.
- The Leadership Team Member-at-Large position is a three-year term.
Energetic Leadership Team terms are three years, with terms staggered to replace approximately three or four members each year. Each year the transition of new members will begin immediately following the annual conference. The Annual Planning Meeting typically occurs in August / September at the next conference location.